Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year Funk

So where was I? Me, the big New Year's Eve celebrator. Not with parties or anything wild, but an introspective evening with a glass of wine or two. Thinking about the past year and what I'm going to achieve in the year ahead. So where was I? I was in a funk, that's where I was.

a. Last week there was a Listography of 5 things you achieved in 2013 and I couldn't think of any. I looked at my New Year post from last year and not much seems to have changed.

b. There were two major tragedies in December. An old and dear friend lost her daughter in a car accident. It was unthinkable and could have happened to any of us. Then another family in our community (whom I don't know personally but see them outside the school gates) lost their 2 year old son, also in a tragic accident.

c. My long time on off relationship friend got engaged to his other long time on off relationship (we were hardly ever on at the same time). It wasn't a surprise but I was hoping it wouldn't happen.

The thing is - odd numbers are crap. It's taken me a few days to regain my equilibrium but, ever positive and entering an even numbered year, I've managed to turn it round...

There has been some achievement. I taught DD to read. This is technically her achievement not mine but it's very exciting anyway. We are still on the first reading level with one sentence per page. However, as I introduce each new  book, she builds the words or recognizes the non-phonetic ones and reads on her own.

Apart from that we've finished another year in good health and with the mortgage paid every month.

As for Mr. Long Time On Off, I've unfriended him and deleted him from my skype. This could be the best thing to happen to me. This could make all the difference to 2014. Ready for Mr All Time On On And On...

And here's a fun Shabbat song to take us into the weekend. Dror Yikra (He shall make freedom and liberty).

Shabbat Shalom!


9 comments:

  1. c. Have you read the daily chat on the MF3 forum for the last two days?
    There seems to be a lot of it going round...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. c. Have you read the daily chat on the MF3 forum for the last two days?
    There seems to be a lot of it going round...........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't, I don't usually go to the forum. Thanks for telling me, I'll check it out.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you found some positives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's to 2014 being the year of Mr All Time On On And On... xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is always positives to be found, Yep as C says here is to 2014 and your Mr All Time On and On and On and On.....................

    Happy new year, Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know about Mr On and Off, so sorry. May he be Mr Off and Gone for 2014 and beyond 'cos he doesn't know what he passed by :-) Onwards and upwards my Israeli friend, may 2014 be good to you. I so prefer even-numbered years.

    Guys doing the Cup Song? Love it!

    xx Jazzy

    ReplyDelete