Sunday, January 19, 2014

Snippets About The No Lodger

Joining in with Making It Up's Saturday Snippets.

[U-turning] on the idea of a lodger. I finally came to terms with the fact that no single female wants to live with a middle aged single mother and her 5yo - no matter how adorable the 5yo may be. So we spent the weekend moving me out of the spudy (spare/study) and back into my big bedroom. I feel like the woman who was told to bring the goat and other animals into her small abode. So much space suddenly...

[Happy] with the above decision even though it means looking for a different source of income.

[Finding] so much extra storage that I could even get rid of a couple of old bookcases. (Going free to anyone in Jerusalem who wants them and can pick them up).

[Rearranging] the kitchen now that I don't have to have a free cupboard for the lodger and...
[Enjoying] not having to take things out in order to get to things behind and...
[Admiring] clear clutter-free counters.

[Snapshot]


12 comments:

  1. thank you for joining in!

    I'm sorry you have to find another income source, but pleased to hear happiness with your space :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a long shot finding the right person and, in the end, it's much more comfortable on our own.

      Delete
  2. we used to have students in our old house over learning English but that is a bit different!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will have a student in July when they come for summer courses at a local college. We did that last year. However, when they come for longer they want somewhere where they can entertain all their friends. We thought of having short-term tourists but it's hard to stipulate only females and I'm not sure we want new strangers coming in every few weeks. It was a nice idea but it didn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm definitely enjoying being back in my own room.

      Delete
  5. Every cloud has a silver lining, looks like you are positively enjoying reclaiming your space! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything happens in the end for the good. I'm certain this was the right decision.

      Delete
  6. I love that you call it a spudy! That made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too. Of course I picked it up from another blog at some point in the distant past.

      Delete
  7. Clutter free counters GIVE ME SOME OF THAT!!!
    Good on you for reclaiming your space. I hope you find an alternative source of reddies xx

    ReplyDelete