Sunday, January 26, 2014

Snippets - Another Weekend

Joining in with Snippets over at Making It Up.

[Reading] with Janet and John: John, John, see the aeroplane come down. DD: "Why don't they say land?" I've also noticed a complete linguistic change in my lifetime: Let us - Let's - Lets. Janet and John only say 'let us' of course.

[Celebrating] Family Day at Kindergarten. The children are blessed under the Talit (prayer shawl) canopy.




[Decorating] a cake bought in the supermarket. Friends over for lunch. After the last birthday cake(s) fiasco which looked great but weren't cooked enough inside (my oven not me), I bought a simple cake in a packet from the supermarket and we decorated with (more) pink icing and sugar flowers/butterflies. Forgot to take pictures but it looked good and it did the job.

[Playing] in the park. Love those swings.




[Hanging] our favourite art on the wall as part of an evolving display. Notice how the whole exhibit comes to together with a recurring theme of purple princesses in their gardens.






[Hanging out] with Playmobil.


A girl can never have too many princesses


[Creating] patterns with Geometri shapes.


Here's one I did earlier


No Mummy, it's not finished!


A lot of concentration is required


12 comments:

  1. Love the purple princesses! She looks so grown up in these pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing. My podgey baby has turned into a lanky little girl.

      Delete
  2. Love this. Lots of great shots, we love swings too. And a birthday? We used to have some of those geometric shapes, but I gave them away when I didn't think I would have young children again. Regret that now as I can't find wooden ones like I had here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belated birthday - the third celebration. We have a group of friends whom we met through IVF and we get together for birthdays loosely connected to the actual birthday date.

      Delete
  3. Ah, how lovely. I love your Princess's art work! She really is getting tall...

    xx Jazzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's very tall for her age. Not from my family!

      Delete
  4. So nice to see you back on Blow Your Own Blog-Horn. Love those Geometri shapes too - they're fab!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jax, I wasn't sure if I'd missed it or you hadn't posted a few times. We had hours of fun with the shapes. I had to stop myself getting them out after she'd gone to bed - lol.

      Delete
  5. A princess and her princesses, and lots of other lovely photos too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Candi, and I'm the Lady in Waiting. Feels like it sometimes. :)

      Delete
  6. My, hasn't she grown! Sorry I haven't visited for ages, but great to see you now have a young lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It hit me when I saw these photos that she really isn't a baby anymore. Nice to hear from you Miriam. :)

    ReplyDelete