Wednesday, January 3, 2018

2018 Celebrations And Projects

Over the past few years people I know, especially bloggers and vloggers, have been looking to tackle the new year in a more effective or meaningful way than the old fashioned resolutions. I've seen intentions, goals, an inspirational word for the year, affirmations, and anti-resolutions, to name a few.

I'm not going to lie, I have New Year's Resolutions and some of them will stick and some won't. Some of them will appear again another year and some won't bother. However, I also needed a more structured way to tackle the year ahead. So for each month of 2018 I'm going to celebrate something and undertake a project.

January is the New Year for plans and preparations. I have school  reports to write for the end of the semester, an exam to give and then mark for my college students, I have a study full of age old photo-copies that it would be a shame to just chuck without making use of them, and other old records of taxes, pension plans, and national insurance that need scanning. I have also taken on a freelance writing job that is due to finish, including all the requested changes and edits, by the end of January. It would be nice to have next semester all planned and prepared too.

Thus the celebration for January is "Planning And Preparing" and the project is "Paperwork!" Tadah! I'll let you know how that goes.


10 comments:

  1. Good luck! I always say I don't do resolutions but there is something about a new year that is exciting and motivating isn't there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, for the first week anyway, LOL. I always do resolutions, I love them.

      Delete
  2. Good luck! I'll be looking for inspiration as the good old paperwork is the bane of my existence and I need to address it forthwith! Well, we'll see how far I get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do the paper work with me this month! Id love to have you along for the ride. Good luck with it. xxx

      Delete
  3. You're going to be a busy girl in January! Good luck with all that planning and preparation. I like the idea of a project a month. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it's going well. I've made big headway on my freelance work.

      Delete
  4. Good luck with it all. My main resolutions this year are to move, and to try and be more positive about being back! :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New place new start, I look forward to hearing about it. xx

      Delete