Friday, March 9, 2018

Everything Is Happy In The Sunshine - R2BC

It seems that all the heaviness of the winter just evaporates with the return of the spring sunshine. And this past week has been particularly warm. People were even spotted out an about in sandals!

Here are my Reasons 2B Cheerful this week. I'm a day late because I just had to write about Inspiring Women yesterday for International Women's Day. Go and read it if you haven't already - you are probably one of the women I wrote about. And don't forget the R2BC linky over at Michelle's Mummy from the Heart. 

1
Hosting
I started of my social March with going to the Purim party last Thursday evening and then hosting friends for the festive Purim meal on Friday. I put out games on the coffee table to amuse the kids and it gave them something to do when they finished eating and got bored of the table. There really were guests but these particular friends don't like their photos on the internet so I had to take special blog photos without the people.

-1 
Not hosting
For this week I invited friends from London over for a mid-week supper and another small family for Friday night dinner today. The London friends suddenly had to return to London for family reasons and the friends for today were already busy for Friday night. So week two wasn't so social.

A half-hearted 2
The Jerusalem Marathon
Today is the Jerusalem Marathon. We usually go and cheer on the runners and see loads of people we know both running and cheering. There is music and street entertainment at the end of our street. Today we didn't get our act together to go out this morning. And it's cold out which is great for the runners but not so inviting for us. We did catch the end of it when DD went to her youth club and I went shopping.

3
More Teaching
As soon as the sun comes out they start talking about teaching for next year. I have agreed to my one day in college and two online courses as usual. For school I promised myself that I'd go back to three days a week. This year I'm doing 3.5 days and I felt that it was too much. So obviously I heard myself agreeing to do four days next year. And my stupid brain was in collusion with my mouth, thinking all sorts of time-management thoughts and vowing to be more efficient. Yes you can do it all but it's more comfortable and enjoyable not to. Oh well, another year towards paying off the mortgage won't hurt.

4
Orchestra
DD has started practicing her clarinet at home if I nag her enough. She's in two orchestras and I got an invitation to the first concert later this month. This means, see how wonderful this is and if your child wishes to continue, from now on there will be a monthly fee. Of course we'll continue but there's no such thing as a free Legato.


10 comments:

  1. No. 4 is especially great! Made me laugh though. Reminded me of letter my daughter brought home this week saying she had won a writing competition that will be published in a book. If we would like to buy the book.... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing at #3 as I almost did the same thing last night! I was at my volunteer group's planning meeting for the next few months and I just know they have me in sight to take over a lot of the work with this group. I don't mind doing more of the planning but don't want to over commit as I do want to find some work in the next few months. I firmly kept my mouth shut, smiled and told myself to just wait!!!
    I do like your festive table - it looks lovely. Hope you get to do more socializing next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you for not agreeing to a whole load of commitment you didn't want. I don't know why I do this. I think it's that I'm so grateful and surprised that they actually want me that I feel obliged to repay the compliment. And the more work, the more more money - always a powerful incentive. Good luck with finding gainful employment. xxx

      Delete
  3. You sound very light and possibly Spring is good for that. Social life is good and I am so pleased I finally have one of my own. I really need to learn not to push myself so hard - it is too easy to say yes to everything and then end up exhausted. Still in willies here but hoping for sandals weather soon #R2BC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I bet you meant wellies. ;) And you're right, saying yes tot everything is a problem I have to work on.

      Delete
  4. I can't believe you agreed to 4 days, you do make me smile! I hope it all works out OK. I'm glad Purim was good with yoru invisible friends! lol I love the new sofas and well done to DD on her clarinet playing. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mich, I still don't know what happened with the 4 days.

      Delete
  5. I quit the clarinet after a few months as I was too squeaky! My son starts secondary school in september so I am hoping that I can cope with a 4 day a week job - I am applying for one any way..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with the job. DD's clarinet is groany rather than squeaky. LOL.

      Delete